Monday, January 20, 2014

This Week: 20th January 2014

The weather ... much the same as last week. January.

I am wearing ... supersoft grey pyjamas with a snowflake pattern

I am reading ... Body by Science by Doug McGuff and John Little (finished yesterday). A colleague lent me this book after we were discussing gym membership and exercise. The premise is that twelve minutes a week of high intensity exercise with weights is the optimum for increasing fitness. Long spells of repetitive low intensity cardio exercise, on the other hand, are more or less useless except for training you to do long spells of repetitive low intensity cardio. As I much prefer resistance exercise and interval training to slogging away on cardio machines (outdoor walking is a different matter) I am inclined in this direction, though I thought there were some flaws in the authors' argument.

I am creating ... still the gloves. Up to the fingers on glove number two now.

I am listening ... to an odd mix of Granville Bantock (no, I had never heard of him either, he was a contemporary of Elgar who wrote some quite listenable music) and FUN.

I am watching ... Sherlock. Two episodes down, just the third of the third series to go then I can go back and watch the first two series.

I am enjoying ... making time to spend time with friends.

From the learning rooms ... back to the normal term time routine. Marie is still very happy she plucked up the courage to take part in the public speaking competition last week.

On the menu ...
Monday: fish cakes, potato wedges, veggies
Tuesday: salmon with roasted veggies
Wednesday: lamb steaks with sweet potato and green veg
Thursday: honey mustard chicken pasta
Friday: something from the freezer!
Saturday: vegetable soup
Sunday: roast dinner with last of the leftover Christmas turkey

On the calendar ...
Monday: I have to work late (I usually have to cover our late opening evening about once a month)
Tuesday: getting my hair cut, then a personal training session at the gym. Eek!
Wednesday: band practice for myself and Rose
Thursday: parent-teacher consultation evening for Marie
Friday: going out for pizza with a friend
Saturday: no specific plans for the weekend, which as the week is so busy is a good thing!
Sunday: wind band practice in the evening

A picture from last week ... the river at Stratford-upon-Avon, taken when we went to see Wendy and Peter Pan at the theatre there yesterday (wonderful!)




1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

Sounds like an interesting book, now that I've got permission to do stuff from the PT I'm trying to work out what to do :)

Glad the play was good and hope your busy week is fun too.